Thursday, January 8, 2009

and you can be my cowgirl...





My mom, Grandma Dianne, bought this for Miyo. This morning I asked what she wanted to wear and she chanted, "Cowboy boot! Cowboy boot! Cowboy boot!" She won't allow Miles or Murphy to touch the horse, and, of course, it makes it much more appealing to them.
My dad's true self is a rugged old cowboy, like the Marlboro Man (remember him?). So my parents' presents usually reflect that. Skete's whole room was cowboy stuff when he was little and my parents bought him a little .22, I can't remember the name but I think it was 'The Chipmunk'. Not as in "oh cute, a little gun called a chipmunk", more like "here, kill a chipmunk". Ah, memories...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

"here, kill a chipmunk," LOL!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. The cowboy stuff is so perfect. I am glad she likes it. Thanks to Kady for picking it up for me. Craig's List has some surprising stuff, eh?

I notice she rotates her horse to give this one a rest. A true Cowgirl doesn't tire out her horse. Plus, I don't know if Indians rode horses naked too often.....good thinkin to grab the broom.

Anonymous said...

That teeny little gun use to be too big for Skete when he got it, now it seems so tiny. It's about two feet long. By the way, that gun has killed many, many squirrels.