Monday, December 15, 2008

murphy is cute/kasey is a maker of home


I know Kady has this on her blog too, but people read from Murphy's school so I am adding it to mine as well. Murphy was wearing cargo pants and someone asked what he had in his pockets and he said, "Posies." He's got a pocket full of posies, too bad it derives from people dying from the plague and having to have fragrant flowers put in their pockets to conceal the smell of death. Ew.

On a lighter note: I have taken up knitting as well, and I love it. I am addicted. I have already made a scarf and am on my second scarf/wrap. Next up dish rags! Isn't life exciting. I was also thinking of making a throw for the living room. The only problem is affording my new addiction, I want to buy yarn up the wazoo. Hanna taught me how to cast on and off (is that the right terminology? or as Ben would say, "Amish talk"). She also taught me how to make snowflakes with paper and scissors, I had to be reminded okay. So the entire kitchen is covered in snowflakes. I don't know, but I think I might be making them more for myself, because the kids aren't acting like they care very much. I feel very homey today, knitting, cutting snowflakes, I even made baking powder biscuits and all kinds of tea that I jarred in old bottles. Tomorrow I am making/jarring more peanut butter hot fudge, because the supply ran out (I want to say Skete and Hanna ate it all, but I helped).

1 comment:

prettiest sister said...

I want the recipe to peanut butter hot fudge.