Thursday, February 12, 2009

miles is catching up to his brother in the tooth losing department

Miles lost a top front tooth today at school. Murphy has lost more teeth than Miles and both his top front teeth. Miles was pretty upset about this, but now he is happy. He's the big brother so this is important to him.
I got Miles a $3 checkers/chess/backgammon game today. We played checkers when he got home from school and he kicked my butt. By a lot. I haven't played in years, but, still, he is one smart kid. He has a strategical mind. He is a problem solver. It cannot be that I stink that bad at checkers (ha ha). I am going to try to teach him how to play chess, but I honestly don't know if I have the patience to teach him. I wish I was a Confucian-type person, that could sit and explain Master Oogway-style: "let go of the illusion of control" & "you are too concerned about what was and what will be". That type of stuff.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Miles you are getting too big and old!!! I'm crying.

Anonymous said...

Yay Miles. And Kasey, I know everything about chess.