Friday, February 6, 2009

hello world, it's me murphy, & i'm a genius

The teacher's note yesterday from school said that Murphy counted 40 objects. When he got to thirty he instead said, "twenty ten", and for 40 he said, "thirty ten". Last night Ben tested this out and got to fifty, or "forty ten" in Murphy speak. I don't know about anyone else but I think this is purely brain power. Twenty plus ten equals thirty, and when he got past the next nine numbers he said "thirty ten", so it is not him not knowing the number thirty, or forty, or fifty.
Autism, what is your crazy deal? Seriously.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

He's like what is this crazy deal with 30 40 and 50 its obviously 20 10 30 10 and 0 10. Much better.

Kelly said...

40 10. I guess only Murphy can figure it out.

Kelly said...

Sarah, I give up on you and your blog, because I can't comment!!!!! Here is my comment for your What the Hell? blog: Yesterday when reading your post I heard a mouse trap go off and Karley scream ouch. She was setting a trap in the basement with some peanut butter and it went off and got her finger. We've caught 4 mice! It all started with me straightening up the living room one morning. I picked up my new fur throw from the floor, shook it and a ton of Sylvia's dog food came pooring out. Sylvia looked at me suspiciously and I her. I thought she was mad that I found her hiding spot. Later Karley is trying on her snowboard boots for this season and finds a pile of Sylvia's dog food in her boot. We laugh, isn't it crazy she's hoarding her food like that, she's never done this before. How did she think she was gonna get it out? Oh you Sylvia, we laughed. Later Karley goes to use the dish strainer from under the kitchen sink and a pile of dog food is there! OK this is not Sylvia, she can't get under the kitchen sink, we don't leave that open. I immediately am grossed out when it dawns on me a mouse has been cuddled up in my new throw and I have been cuddled up in it after!!!! Karley is grossed out cuz a mouse has been in her boot and she put it on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to figure out why eleven isn't onety one!