Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Fall, my favorite time of year/Murphy escape artist







After I had swept all the floors and mopped Ben went outside with the boys, while Miyo took her nap and I cleaned the bathroom. He raked a huge pile of leaves and Murphy took armloads of it and threw it into the air, right back on freshly raked lawn. Miles took a bunch of it and filled up a sweatshirt and said it was his friend. He layed it on the ground and told me to look out the window. When I did he went up to it with a stick and poked it a couple of times pretending it was a dead body, we laughed and laughed.

I guess while I was cleaning and doing laundry Murphy tracked in a trail of leaves all over my newly cleaned floor. Ben vacuumed it up for me because he felt bad that I had just done all that work. I heard the vacuum and wondered what was up. Anyway, that is a really big deal, Ben doesn't even make his own toast (well rarely anyway). I love him, how sweet to do that for me.

So Murphy has gone into the neighbors backyard 3 days in a row, and everytime we get him and make him come in the house for the day. So today he went in the other neighbors yard, and he's never done that before so Ben went following him after putting on his shoes. Well the neighbor said, "Are you missing a little boy?" Ben was just starting to say, "Hey, did he go in your backyard?" So the guy tells him he was watching TV in his living room and Murphy comes running up the steps of his deck, opens the door and comes right in. We just moved in a little while ago so they were like, is that the new neighbors' kid? So I made him come in. Funny thing is Miles was in our backyard, right next to their's, and didn't notice any of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Murphy is so cute! I can't wait to go to your house and see the back yard and stuff.